The James D. and Paula J. Kite Foundation

Better living through the use of coupons!!

Apr 27, 2009

The little yellow bird

Have you ever had one of those experiences that you just have to stop and think about? I had one yesterday. I was out in my front yard planting the new flowers Jim and I had bought earlier in the day. I was crouched in front of a pretty large pot when I noticed a very small goldfinch fly by me and land about 3 feet from where I was crouched. I stopped what I was doing to just admire this tiny bird. The bird was hopping down off of a rock to take small drinks from the puddles formed from my watering of plants. The tiny bird kept watching me as he drank. He flew off…but not sooner did he fly back, but this time he landed right on the hose that lay only inches from where I was. This time he walked even closer to me and came to a stop right under me. I sat there in utter amazement. He looking at me and I at it. On some special level he must have known I would not harm him. It was very special…I am honored that Nature bestowed this experience on me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment