The James D. and Paula J. Kite Foundation

Better living through the use of coupons!!

Feb 23, 2009

Urban Farming

The 2009 garden was started this past weekend!!! Saturday we pulled out our super-heavy duty tomatoe cages. Spaced them out in the far end of the garden. This is where our snow peas and suger snap peas will grow. Maybe I should say, hopefully grow, as Sunday we got a pretty good snow!! We also planted Spinach, Lettuce and Swisschard!! YUMMY!!! For those of you who say you don't have the room for a garden, I have to say BAHHH!! The lot I live on is about 100' (at it's longest point) by 50' and is shaped like a triangle. Our garden is 7' x 40'. Watch how we turn that little lot into food$$$ this summer!!

My wonderful boss bought some chickens off the internet today. I am going in and buying 4 chicks that will live at his house. This means we might have fresh eggs pretty soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment