The James D. and Paula J. Kite Foundation

Better living through the use of coupons!!

May 5, 2010

Score one for the little guy!!!

Ok, if a coupon says "good on ANY" it should be for ANY!!! see the letter I sent to Target...

Target Corporation

Good day Mr. XXXXXX, (the CEO of Target)
I find myself in the uncomfortable situation of needing to contact you and your corporation. I have been a loyal Target shopper. So much so that this past Christmas I gave every family member (over 20 people) sizable Target gift cards and had planned to do so again this year. If I added up the money I have spent at Target over the past few years it would easily reach into the thousands of dollars. I too am an avid coupon shopper. I appreciate the marketing technique that Target employs to attract shoppers such as myself. I enjoy using the coupons that manufactures supply to entice me to use their products. Today I attempted to use a coupon ($1.00 of ANY size Tide detergent) Please note, I have used this very coupon on dozens of occasions at this very location (XXXXX TN). Today, however was a different situation. I was told that, even though the coupon in no way stated that it could not be used on the single load size, I could not use this coupon. The supervisor stated “we have caught flack for accepting coupons for these.” If a coupon states it can only be used for a certain size, trial size excluded or any other limitation, I pride myself on being an ethical coupon user that would not abuse any employee or marketing technique. I was made to feel like a criminal today. I left the store feeling wronged so I called your customer service phone line. I was told that no one could help me with this matter and was informed that I would need to call back during “corporate business hours” (8-6 M-F) Incredible! I am saddened by this and feel the need to bring this to your attention. Enclosed you will find the 45 coupons that I wanted to use today. How sad it must be to lose a customer over $45.00 worth of merchandise for which you would have been reimbursed for face value plus $.08 per coupon. Target would have actually made more money on this transaction than if I had paid by any other means, as I know that had I paid by check, credit card or even cash that there is a higher processing fee. I started shopping at Target primarily because I wanted to support a company that I feel more ethically aligned with. I know I am only one person. I can only imagine that others are being treated like wise.
Very sincerely yours,

One more note, my neighbors are good enough to save me their coupons. Much of the time I am able to obtain items that I can in turn donate to homeless shelters, battered woman shelters and animal shelters.

WELL TODAY I GET A PHONE CALL FROM THE EXCUTIVE OFFICES OF TARGET APOLOGIZING FOR THE WAY I WAS TREATED...THEY TOLD ME THAT USING THE COUPON THE WAY I WANTED TO WAS TOTALLY APPROPRIATE AND THAT TARGET WANTS ME BACK AS A CUSTOMER....AND TO DO SO THEY ARE SENDING ME A $50.00 GIFT CARD!!! YE-HAW!!!! I JUST LOVE IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment